One of my friends posted this on FB this morning. This is how deaf people think about the new (stupid) security measures taken by some banks for their online security. I am reposting on my blog here so you can all share and pass around – hopefully this will get more attention than an email to Head Office – they are NOT listening!!
Pissed off at Halifax online banking, if wishing to transfer money to someone else’s account they now provide a four number code and ring my house and one has to input the code cannot they use text?
- I have heard this is happening, I don’t use internet banking, but I would certainly raise it with them and explan that the system discriminates and disables you from using the service… Can’t remember who else said it was an issue for them too.. ??
- Lloyds TSB do a similar system
- They usually send the code by email and then ring you straight away.You wait for the spiel to finish then key the code in that they sent.
That’s ok if you can hear something on the phone… no good for someone like me..
- No but they say wait for about a minute. You can time it roughly!
- Ridiculous IMO! LOL whoever thought of it obviously didn’t have deaf awareness training!
- Of course it’s ridiculous! Not only that, the minute the code comes through on your laptop, the phone rings. If you are in another room and hear it, you don’t get there on time! If you are deaf, you don’t hear the phone ring!
- Yes to everything above its not good enough its not just the deaf what if your old but with poor hearing
- I had to do this last night and got my daughter to do the phone for me
Needs to be raised and I will make sure it is
- I’m gonna email head office
- We get that with LloydsTSB. I have to ask my kids or T to do the phone bit. You’re right, this impacts on HoH too.
- I mentioned that some months ago (Halifax too) went to local and London office. They made sympathetic noises but did NOWT. My account got locked so many times because my timing to enter code was always wrong. Now I give up and get my kids to help me. Madness.
- It’s supposed to be security – how can it be when we have to rely on others to do it for us?!
- Close account move to First Direct i have no issue with transfer money to person account…
- I want to be able to go to a bank on high street as well as use internet banking – just my personal preference hence my not transferring to purely internet banks as totally dependant on online access. I want to have a face where I can vent frustrations or whatever at!!
- I just go to the bank in the high street, our branch is just round the corner, so I don’t use internet banking… yet!